Get me outta here!

Monday, February 18, 2013

[MANGA] HORIMIYA – ONGOING

From Baka-Update Manga

Description : Hori is your average teenage girl… who has a side she wants no one else to ever find out about. Then there is her classmate Miyamura, your average glasses-wearing boy in school and a totally different person out. When the two meet unexpectedly, they discover each other’s secrets and develop an unexpected friendship.
Author : HERO
Artist : Hagiwara Daisuke
Genre : Comedy, Romance, School Life, Slice of Life, Shounen
Year : 2011
Serialized In : GFantasy (Square Enix)
Status in Country of Origin : 2 Volumes (Ongoing)

My opinion :
Okay. Firstly, I thought this manga is a Shoujo manga when I looked at the genre and plot story. But, it’s unexpectedly a SHOUNEN manga. I dunno why this manga is categorized as Shounen manga. I mean, c’mon… Is male reader attracted to a lovey-dovey story like female reader usually? When we heard shounen manga, I believe the idea that pop up in our mind is a story about young –usually idiot too- boy who wants to achieve his goal. But this manga is different. VERY DIFFERENT from usual shounen manga, just like how Gintama breaks the borderline of mainstream shounen manga ^^

About the art, I don’t have any meaning complaint. The art is beautiful and clear. Maybe the only one minus point about the art is the background. This manga is lack of background.

And finally, about the story… Nice story. It is quite simple but has a deep impression. It about how two teenagers who have same situation ended up being friend. Of course, it is not only being friend but maybe more than that. I like how the characters interact with each other. It is flowing naturally and quite realistic. Some people said that the story progress is going slowly and I agree, but I still enjoy read every chapter. Because even though the progress and character development is a bit slow but I am never feel bored when I read it. Well, a person character won’t change that fast right?

My rate : 4.5 out of 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment